I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award!
February 28, 2013 1 Comment
Many thanks to corngoblin for the nomination, really means a lot. For those of you who are unaware, the VBA (which you can find out more about here) is award given by bloggers, to bloggers in order to promote the most interesting stuff out there, so I’m pretty darn delighted to be a part of that, but there are some rules I must now observe. Firstly I’ve got to nominate 15 other blogs, so here goes:
Right, with that part taken care of, now I’ve got to reveal 7 things about myself. I’m going to try and only reveal things that I’ve never mentioned on this or any blog, so here goes:
1. I once dressed up as the terminator for Halloween, gluing a metallic panel around my eye with special epoxy that’s supposed to look like burnt skin. Trouble was I used too much and accidentally limited myself to one facial express, frowny. So even though I was beyond wasted that night, everyone thought I was bored and angry.
2. I’ve always wanted to learn the ‘King of the Hill’ theme on guitar, but nothing else. I don’t even like ‘King of the Hill’.
3. Long train journeys are one of my favourite things in the whole wide world. A few hours in a confined environment with a good book and some appropriate music and plenty of scenery to gawk at, wonderful. Eases out a hangover or come-down nicely, too.
4. I plan to own a tarantula one day, I will call her ‘Terra’.
5. I’ve owned several rings in my life, most of which were cheap and tacky, I currently only wear one, it was a 21st birthday present from my parents. It’s titanium and zinc and it has ‘Look Closer…’ engraved on the inside, a reference to American Beauty.
6. Many years ago I established an in-joke with my best friend that Norwich was infested with murderers. The more time goes by, the more I’m starting to think I uncovered a conspiracy. I remember seeing Norwich mentioned and related to murder in an episode of Zero Punctuation and on a recent visit I discovered a pub there which was genuinely called ‘The Murderers’ (I went there for a few pints, they have pictures of famous murderers all over the pub and their eponymous ale is free if you roll a double 6 with the dice they provide, it’s wonderful).
7. I once pulled a girl by teaching her part of ‘An End, Once and For All’ from Mass Effect 3 on a conveniently placed piano in a club in Cardiff. She was dressed as a Skyrim character. My inner nerd had never been happier.